In this episode, I'm excited to have with us Dr. Richard Baxter, author of the relatively new book, Tongue tied: How a Tiny String Under the Tongue Impacts Nursing, Speech, Feeding, and More.
In this 60 minute interview, find out:
- What is tongue tie? What are some other names for it?
- What are some common misconceptions about this condition?
- Why and how does it develop?
- Is there an increase in incidence or are we picking up more?
- How does it negatively affect breastfeeding?
- How can it be detected and treated?
- What’s the research supporting this?
- How can tongue tie affect speech and swallowing?
- How is tongue tie connected to large tonsils and adenoids?
- What about sleep apnea?
- How is it related to dental problems?
- What other complementary therapies are helpful when treating tongue tie?
- How can I find the right practitioner to treat my/child’s tongue tie?
- What’s the best method/tool to use for release?
- Where can we find more information about you and your practice?
- Where can people find your book?
Tongue Tied book
Dr. Brian Palmer
Direct download: 055_-_Dr._Richard_Baxter.mp3
-- posted at: 10:14pm EST