Thu, 7 July 2016
In this episode, Kathy and I talk about one thing that most people don't think about when sleep apnea is mentioned: Sexual and reproductive problems. Find out:
Goncalves, M. A., et al. "Erectile dysfunction, obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and nasal CPAP treatment." Sleep medicine 6.4 (2005): 333-339.
Hirshkowitz, Max, et al. "Prevalence of sleep apnea in men with erectile dysfunction." Urology 36.3 (1990): 232-234.
Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers, by Dr. Robert Sapolsky
Subramanian, Shyam, et al. "Sexual dysfunction in women with obstructive sleep apnea." Sleep and Breathing 14.1 (2010): 59-62.
Petersen, Marian, et al. "Sexual function in female patients with obstructive sleep apnea." The journal of sexual medicine 8.9 (2011): 2560-2568.
Carlsen, Elisabeth, et al. "Evidence for decreasing quality of semen during past 50 years." Bmj 305.6854 (1992): 609-613.
Rolland, Matthieu, et al. "Decline in semen concentration and morphology in a sample of 26 609 men close to general population between 1989 and 2005 in France." Human Reproduction (2012): des415.
Gaskins, Audrey Jane, et al. "Physical activity and television watching in relation to semen quality in young men." British journal of sports medicine(2013): bjsports-2012.
Agarwal, Ashok, et al. "Effect of cell phone usage on semen analysis in men attending infertility clinic: an observational study." Fertility and sterility 89.1 (2008): 124-128.
Sleep Interrupted: A physician reveals the #1 reason why so many of us are sick and tired
Sun, 19 June 2016
In this podcast episode, Kathy puts me on the spot by asking unscripted questions about the most common questions I get asked about the ear, nose and throat. I will answer:
Wed, 25 May 2016
In this episode, Kathy and I will reveal how allergies can ruin your sleep.
We'll discuss proven steps that can get rid of your allergies this spring.
Sat, 23 April 2016
In this episode, Kathy and I will reveal 7 ways that mouth breathing can cause sleep and health problems.
Unstuff Your Stuffy Nose ebook
Interview with Dr. Michael Mew on the Modern Melting Face
Interview with Patrick McKeown on Buteyko Breathing
Shut Your Mouth to Save Your Life, by George Catlin
Wed, 23 March 2016
In this podcast episode, Kathy and will talk about the 20 top ways of getting rid of your snoring. We’l. cover 15 non-prescriptions and rover-the counter options, as well as 5 prescription/surgical options.
Dr. Karen Bonuck’s interview on snoring and behavioral problems
New York Times article on spouses sleeping in separate bedrooms
Snoring demonstration video
Reflux causes sensory damage
Snoring causes sensory damage
Snoring and carotid artery plaques
Lingual tonsils and reflux
Sat, 20 February 2016
In this podcast, Kathy and I talk about 7 Ways Doctors Can Ruin Your Sleep:
2. Dental headgear
3. Orthodontics / teeth extractions / jaw surgery
4. Medical or surgical menopause
6. Surgery that prevent your preferred sleep position
7. Back to sleep campaign to prevent SIDS
Link back to original post on doctorstevenpark.com
Mon, 1 February 2016
In this podcast, I have a fascinating discussion with Dr. Ronald M. Harper, Professor of Neurobiology at the University of California, Los Angeles. Dr. Harper shares some profound insights about why brain damage goes hand in hand with obstructive sleep apnea. In this interview, you’ll learn:
Wed, 13 January 2016
In this podcast, Kathy and I will reveal "Everything You Wanted to Know About Nasal Surgery." Topics include:
1. Septoplasty: Why packs are not needed
2. Turbinoplasty: How much removal is enough?
3. Nostril surgery: Why it's better than Breathe Right strips
4. Sinus surgery: Myths and misconceptions
5. Reconstructive surgery: When you may need this.
Fri, 25 December 2015
In this podcast, Kathy and I will discuss the 7 Myths About Nasal Surgery, & When to Do Surgery
1. Nasal trauma causes a deviated septum
2. Septoplasty will treat snoring or sleep apnea
3. Septoplasty will change my nose externally or have bruising
4. Will need packing inside the nose
5. Rhinoplasty - what it means, and what to watch out for
6. Does a deviated septum (or shrunken turbinates) come back after surgery?
7. Turbinate surgery causes empty nose syndrome.
And when to consider nasal surgery.
Please share this podcast with others that may benefit from this information.
Thu, 12 November 2015
In this episode, I answer your questions that I get through my blog, email, and contact me page. This is completely live and unscripted. I have no ideal what Kathy will ask me.
1. How much do you charge for a office visit or procedure?
2. How can I make an appointment to see you?
3. Various questions about specific medical issues.
4. What’s the difference between upper airway resistance syndrome (UARS) and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)?
5. Will sleeping pills work for upper airway resistance syndrome?
6. Does sleep apnea cause brain damage?
7. Are apneas more damaging on the brain than hypopneas?
8. What’s the relationship between depression and sleep apnea?
9. How do dental extractions affect sleep apnea?
10. Can nasal surgery cause sleep apnea later in life?
11. What’s the link between reflux and sleep apnea?
12. Can sleep apnea cause dizziness?
13. What questions should I be asking my doctor?
Podcast 13: Which surgeon do you recommend?