Tue, 26 July 2016
In this podcast episode, Kathy and I will talk about links between various gastrointestinal issues and obstructive sleep apnea. We cover the following 5 surprising conditions:
Sleep Interrupted: A physician reveals the #1 reason why so many of us are sick and tired
Inflammatory bowel disorders and Celiac disease research study
Blog post on GI problems and sleep apnea
Sun, 19 June 2016
In this podcast episode, Kathy puts me on the spot by asking unscripted questions about the most common questions I get asked about the ear, nose and throat. I will answer:
Wed, 25 May 2016
In this episode, Kathy and I will reveal how allergies can ruin your sleep.
We'll discuss proven steps that can get rid of your allergies this spring.
Sat, 23 April 2016
In this episode, Kathy and I will reveal 7 ways that mouth breathing can cause sleep and health problems.
Unstuff Your Stuffy Nose ebook
Interview with Dr. Michael Mew on the Modern Melting Face
Interview with Patrick McKeown on Buteyko Breathing
Shut Your Mouth to Save Your Life, by George Catlin
Sat, 20 February 2016
In this podcast, Kathy and I talk about 7 Ways Doctors Can Ruin Your Sleep:
2. Dental headgear
3. Orthodontics / teeth extractions / jaw surgery
4. Medical or surgical menopause
6. Surgery that prevent your preferred sleep position
7. Back to sleep campaign to prevent SIDS
Link back to original post on doctorstevenpark.com
Mon, 1 February 2016
In this podcast, I have a fascinating discussion with Dr. Ronald M. Harper, Professor of Neurobiology at the University of California, Los Angeles. Dr. Harper shares some profound insights about why brain damage goes hand in hand with obstructive sleep apnea. In this interview, you’ll learn:
Wed, 13 January 2016
In this podcast, Kathy and I will reveal "Everything You Wanted to Know About Nasal Surgery." Topics include:
1. Septoplasty: Why packs are not needed
2. Turbinoplasty: How much removal is enough?
3. Nostril surgery: Why it's better than Breathe Right strips
4. Sinus surgery: Myths and misconceptions
5. Reconstructive surgery: When you may need this.
Fri, 25 December 2015
In this podcast, Kathy and I will discuss the 7 Myths About Nasal Surgery, & When to Do Surgery
1. Nasal trauma causes a deviated septum
2. Septoplasty will treat snoring or sleep apnea
3. Septoplasty will change my nose externally or have bruising
4. Will need packing inside the nose
5. Rhinoplasty - what it means, and what to watch out for
6. Does a deviated septum (or shrunken turbinates) come back after surgery?
7. Turbinate surgery causes empty nose syndrome.
And when to consider nasal surgery.
Please share this podcast with others that may benefit from this information.
Thu, 12 November 2015
In this episode, I answer your questions that I get through my blog, email, and contact me page. This is completely live and unscripted. I have no ideal what Kathy will ask me.
1. How much do you charge for a office visit or procedure?
2. How can I make an appointment to see you?
3. Various questions about specific medical issues.
4. What’s the difference between upper airway resistance syndrome (UARS) and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)?
5. Will sleeping pills work for upper airway resistance syndrome?
6. Does sleep apnea cause brain damage?
7. Are apneas more damaging on the brain than hypopneas?
8. What’s the relationship between depression and sleep apnea?
9. How do dental extractions affect sleep apnea?
10. Can nasal surgery cause sleep apnea later in life?
11. What’s the link between reflux and sleep apnea?
12. Can sleep apnea cause dizziness?
13. What questions should I be asking my doctor?
Podcast 13: Which surgeon do you recommend?
Sun, 1 November 2015
In this episode, I answer one of the most common questions I get, which is: "Can You refer me to a good sleep apnea surgeon in my area?"
Kathy and I will provide 4 questions you should be asking your surgeon, as well as 4 that you shouldn't.
The Truth About Sleep Apnea Surgery free report
Sleep, Interrupted: A Physician Reveals the #1 Reason Why So Many Of Us Are Sick And Tired