I'm so happy to have Dr. Stasha Gominak back again to give us a review and update on the importance of the hormone, Vitamin D, and how it affects everything including your brain, gut, skin, pancreas, bones, and your sleep.
Dr. Stasha Gominak is a Baylor College of Medicine alumna and completed her Neurology residency at the Harvard-affiliated, Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. She has utilized her skills to assist 1,000s of clients. Now retired from daily practice, Dr. Gominak, MD is committed to helping people across the world achieve pain-free lives through sleep repair.
In this 47 minute interview, Dr. Gominak will reveal the following:
- The link between Vitamin D, headaches and sleep apnea
- The link between Vitamin D and B12, and sleep problems
- Vitamin D receptors in the sleep nuclei in the brain
- Vitamin D as the primary endocrine/reproductive control center for seasonal changes
- Vitamin D receptors in the brain, pancreas, GI tract, ovaries, fallopian tubes, etc.
- Timeline in Vitamin D deficiency and sunscreens, computers, and more indoor activity
- Why becoming hairless made humans Vitamin D deficient
- How your skin color affects your sleep
- Why Vitamin D dosing levels are inaccurate
- Can Vitamin D prevent the Flu?
- The ideal level of Vitamin D for great sleep
- The ideal Vitamin D level for fertility, the bones, etc.
- Why having normal levels of Vitamin D is not good enough
- Why we’re still in the 1940s with our Vitamin D understanding
- How Vitamin D cells can cure skin cancer cells in culture
- The link between Vitamin D deficiency and heart disease
- How you as the patient need to educate your physicians
- The important link between Vitamin D and the gut biome
- And much more.