Wed, 19 June 2013
In this Expert Interview I’ve invited Dr. Ira Shapira, founder ofIHateCPAP.com. We’ll talk about the main reasons why people hate CPAP and what you can do about it.
He’ll answer the following questions:
• How did I HATE CPAP get its name?
• How did you become involved in treating sleep apnea in the early 1980′s?
• How are Sleep Apnea and ADD and ADHD related?
• What percentage of patients love their CPAP? How can you predict who will love their CPAP?
• Why do over 60% of patients reject CPAP when it is considered the Gold Standard?
• Are oral appliances indicated for severe sleep apnea? WEhat are the exceptions?
• What are the most commonn complaints?
• How are Sleep Apnea and TMJ disorders related?
• What important medical information did the Shimshak studies on TMJ disorders show?
• Why do oral appliances cause bite changes?
• Why is sleep apnea frequently associated with postural problems?
• Can CPAP cause permenant bite changes? Oral Appliances? What is the difference in the changes?
• How is numbness and pain in the arm and fingers related to sleep apnea?